Saturday, July 13, 2013

Test 4: Head to Head With the Editor of Skeptic Magazine

“You have been weighed in the balance and found wanting.”  (Daniel 5:27)

I had occasion a number of years ago to respond by e-mail to the editor of Skeptic Magazine, Michael Shermer, for his condescending attitude toward astrophysicist Hugh Ross at a public forum before the audience of a Christian university.  Of course I had expected him to be hard hitting.  Indeed, that is why I was surprised that his battery of “arguments” was so lacking in substance.  Judge for yourselves whether I am correct in charging him with intimidation over substance that day.  I believe that it was specifically that occasion which first caused me to wonder why Christians tend to be timid about publically debating the advocates of skepticism and atheism.  Their falsehoods are demonstrably manifold.  Despite their protestations, the truth is on our side, not theirs.
I was surprised that Michael Shermer not only replied to my e-mail, but continued to engage me…to a point.  I encourage you to consider that interchange titled “Conversation With Michael Shermer,” at my website at  www.christianityontheoffense.com

No comments:

Post a Comment