1. Obviously guns, as inanimate objects, cannot cause murderous rampages. The cause is instead people who pull a trigger, thrust a knife, or wield a hammer because they determine in their murderous heart to kill innocent victims (James 4:1f). It is clear that “the heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart,” a brokenness which needs a Savior (1 John 5:12).
2. Law breakers laughingly ignore gun laws altogether. If fire arms are further restricted to the point of becoming outlawed, criminals will still amass them illegally at the same time that law-abiding citizens will face such evil-doers utterly without protection and unequipped to resist.
3. Negotiating with a person intent on murdering the defenseless is doomed to fail. Once he begins his deadly work it is only a defender with a gun who has any capacity at all to stop him.
4. Even under the best of conditions, police possessing the very highest motives simply cannot arrive in time to stop him before the dead and wounded victims increase in number.
5. Obviously unless the gun laws already on the books are actually enforced, it is ludicrous to expect that enacting further laws will reverse the mounting murderous violence. Such govern-mental apathy instead highlights an already existing failure that must first be reversed.
6. Gun control proponents who have access to armed body guards are dishonestly exempting themselves from the kinds of protection that they seek to deprive from the average citizen.
7. For all who are interested in the truth, Jesus and His disciples were armed with a defense-weapon common at that time (Matthew 26:51-52, Mark 14:47, Luke 22:50, John 18:10-11).